Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Salvador E Murra has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Salvador E Murra has the following 20 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Salvador E Murra has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 46
Highly do not recommend. It took three times as long it should have, the doctor did not even introduce himself or come in the room for that matter. You can hear him through the walls sounding completely clueless and unaware of what is going on or what his job is. Do not give your time or money to this doctor. His staff was the only part that was friendly but that cannot make up for the unprofessional and effortless manner displayed the entire visit.
I waited 2 hours to see the doctor and finally when he got to my room his staff pulled him out to see a patient that arrived after me because she only had an hour for her lunch break. I just drove 2.5 hours for this appointment! After 30 more minutes of waiting I was told to be patient, it would be just a moment. I had to throw a fit to get him back to my room. Nobody seems to know what's going on in the office.
His office was great about getting me in the next day..but only by telling me that Dr. Murra does steroid injections, when he actually does not. I had to pay my $250 out of pocket BEFORE I saw the doctor and he told me that! Their defense? The girl that told me that is no longer there! He prescribed four medications - three of which are relatively new and my insurance is not yet approving (>$1000). It's been 8 days and I have nothing from him other than a few samples he gave me (that did nothing!) and a $250 bill. Stay away!
37 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1981
University Of Louisville
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCyfair Headache And Neurological Clinic, 11302 Fallbrook Dr Ste 205, Houston, TX
Dr. Salvador E Murra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.