Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Salvador M Ortega has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Treated my special needs child as if he were not human, distancing himself, apprehensive about touching him after he finally decided he would do a very brief exam (I was not okay with him leaving without examining my child), asked me to help with this, would not speak directly to my child but instead asked me to do so, let me know that my child was "having a behavior, because kids with this diagnosis have behaviors." That diagnosis was given as soon as he walked in the door. He'd never seen my child before. He reminded me of that.. that he had never met my child and shrugged his shoulders.. as if he could not help because of that. This is not someone who should be treating kids with special needs. Noone deserves the experience my child and I had with Dr. Ortega.
I have a 4+ year history of encounters with Dr. Ortega. Dr Ortega is unpleasant at best. Doesn't listen to you, argues and talks down to you. Though I have seen him 5 times, he doesn't remember me at all- and that is even after he delivered one of my children- during which he told me to be quiet several times though I was delivering a BABY with no pain medication. He is rude and unprofessional, has even discredited his own coleague unjustifiably. If I could rate him a "0" I would!
Dr. Ortega is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Ventura County Medical Center
Dr. Salvador M Ortega accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWillamette Family Medical Center, 435 Lancaster Dr NE, Salem, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Salvador M Ortega in this video.
Dr. Salvador M Ortega is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, OR.