Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Salvatore A Croce has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 5
I would stay clear and far from this doctor. No bedside manner. In fact he should not even be a doctor. My father saw him when he was in the hospital and my dad had congestive heart failure and emphysema . This moron of a doctor gave my dad a high sodium diet in the hospital because Dr. Croce said salt does not cause swelling or breathing problems. My father became even more swollen and more labored breathing because of the salt. When my family approached him on this he laughed and said yeah I changed his diet because hey he might has well enjoy his food he doesn't have
my name is Wendy, and I've had asthma since age 2. I moved to NJ after getting married and needed a new pulmonologist. I found Dr. Croce online as he is local and got good reviews. I think Dr Croce is the best Dr I've ever had. He's polite, has great bedside manner, a sense of humor, and truly cares about me and keeping my symptoms controlled. He returns phone calls promptly, he listens very well, he spends a significant amount of time with me during each visit, and is very thorough while making sure he understands everything I'm saying and is prescribing the best treatment for me. I'm very happy I found him to be my new pulmonologist, and won't use anyone else. He makes me feel at ease and I know I'm in good hands. I also like that he has personality, it's refreshing! His staff is very nice too.
Dr. Croce is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mc Keesport Hospital
Dr. Salvatore A Croce accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMonmouth Ocean Pulmonary Medicine, 456 Chestnut St, Lakewood, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Salvatore A Croce in this video.
Dr. Salvatore A Croce is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, NJ.