Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Salvatore Pipito
Dr. Salvatore Pipito, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saratoga Springs, NY, with other offices in Rexford, NY and Gloversville, NY (and 1 other location). He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology. Dr. Pipito is affiliated with Sunnyview Hospital and Rehabilitation, Bellevue Woman's Care Center and Nathan Littauer Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Salvatore Pipito has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Pipito is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sunnyview Hospital and Rehabilitation
Bellevue Woman's Care Center
Nathan Littauer Hospital
St Clares Hospital
Ellis Hospital - Bellevue Woman`s Care Center
Ellis Hospital - Mclellan Division
Ellis Hosp, Schenectady, Ny
41 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Salvatore Pipito accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Salvatore Pipito is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saratoga Springs, NY.