The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sam Baradarian
Dr. Sam Baradarian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with other offices in San Diego, CA and La Jolla, CA . He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Baradarian is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital and Sharp Coronado Hospital. Dr. Baradarian has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Sam Baradarian has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Sam Baradarian has the following 6 expertise
- Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Vascular Malformations
- Diabetes Complications
Dr. Sam Baradarian is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 12
The best of the best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sam Baradarian - Posted on June 20th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sam Baradarian - Posted on June 17th, 2016
Thank you, Dr. Baradarian!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sam Baradarian - Posted on October 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sam Baradarian - Posted on October 17th, 2013
No doubt, he saved my husbands life in a very serious situation. He was gentle but clear about the possible outcome for the need for immediate surgery. Very pleasant bedside communication and information. He kept daily visits and spent time explaining what to expect as my husband recovered. His scars healed quickly. We feel very fortunate to have had Dr, Baradarian as his surgeon. He is wonderful.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Baradarian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1992
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Sam Baradarian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Sam Baradarian
As a cardiovascular surgeon, Sam Baradarian, MD, cares for patients with heart problems that require surgical intervention. His areas of expertise include coronary and valvular heart surgery, aortic surgery, minimally invasive cardiovascular surgery, thoracoscopic surgery, minimally invasive lung surgery, surgical correction of atrial fibrillation and left ventricular assist device (LVAD) procedures. Dr. Baradarian was the first surgeon to perform the LVAD procedure at Scripps, where a left ventricular assist device is surgically implanted in patients with advanced and end-stage heart failure. Dr. Baradarian has published extensively on the subject of surgical therapy for heart failure and has been honored multiple times by San Diego Magazine as one of San Diegos Best Doctors.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sam Baradarian is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.