Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sam A Borno has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Doctor Borno does not like his patients to asks questions. He told my mother that he had a busy practice and did not have time for such nonsense. He becomes very defensive very quickly when any question were posed. We left his office knowing about as much as before seeing him. He took a residency at a Psychiatric Hospital called CT Menninger Hospital in Kansas. I called them and confirmed that this was the only Rresidency available. Somehow, over the years, he changed his professional path and became a cardiologist. This is an unusual move according to other doctors I have spoken to. His Cardiology training is difficult to uncover or confirm. He does have a license to practice medicine in California.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Borno is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
C F Menninger Memorial Hospital
Dr. Sam A Borno accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiac Institute, 30 E River Park Pl W Ste 440, Fresno, CA
Dr. Sam A Borno is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.