Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sam J Lubner has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Lubner presents with a smile and is upbeat. I don't feel he's truly interested with the hands on aspect of cancer care. He told me that following patients for cancer recurrence is a waste of time for both doctors and patients. I wonder if his patients feel that way? I doubt it. Likes to talk, but very little exam was done. I found documentation in my medical record of multiple exams done, yet they weren't. I feel he is an academic. He has many scholarly abstracts all over the internet, but lacks the basics a good cancer doctor should have.
Dr. Lubner was the lucky guy who got to tell my father, with my sister and I present, that he had advanced lung cancer - this ten minutes after meeting him. Dr. Lubner however made this incredibly difficult situation more comfortable with his easy going yet very professional manner. He had exactly the right mix of compassion, humor and directness. I can't imagine having to give that kind of news day in and day out without becoming numb to it but he did so in a way that made us feel that he genuinely cared and appreciated the very human aspect of this situation. He took time to answer all our questions, never made us feel dumb or that he had anyplace he'd rather be than right there with us in the room. If you have the misfortune to face a diagnosis of cancer, I only hope that you have a doctor as good as Dr. Lubner.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
15 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Sam J Lubner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Unity Health Insurance
- Unity Health Ins Unity Network
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUW Hospital & Clinics, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI
Dr. Sam J Lubner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.