Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sam Mazj
Dr. Sam Mazj, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Paradise, CA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mazj is affiliated with Enloe Medical Center Esplanade. Dr. Mazj has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sam Mazj has the following 4 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Organ Transplantation
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I had a horrible experience at ENSLOW!!!HAHA!! Really tho!!Woof, I wouldn't send my neighbors dead dog there, anyways...after completing 12 chemo with NO IMPROVEMENT, since my doctor didn't scedule the appropriate xray tests to see if my cancer tumor went down, it had actually gotton bigger?!?! Came to Dr. mahj was instantly put at ease his attitude and demeanour was totally different than my enloe doctor who seemed annoyedby me at the 3appointments I had over 6months, at the final one telling me "I'm done with you!" WOW!!!ANDI STILL HAVE CANCER!!!!! For anyone who likes being treasured like a HUMAN from their doctor go to feather river, oh yeah, Dr. Masj also explains everything and questions aren't a problem, as they shouldn't be when dealing with cancer!!!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2012, 2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2011, 2016, 2013, 2015, 2012, 2010, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2013, 2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Mazj is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
Dr. Sam Mazj accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHematology Medical Oncology, 5629 Canyon View Dr Ste B, Paradise, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sam Mazj in this video.
Dr. Sam Mazj is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paradise, CA.