Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sam Stokes III has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Sam Stokes III has the following 8 expertise
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
Dr. Sam Stokes III has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Sam Stokes III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 38
Dr. Stokes has been my Urologist for about 8 or10 years. He is excellent at communicating with me. I always feel secure in my understanding of the issue and treatment. I say he is comprehensive because, rather than focusing narrowly on just the presenting urological issue, he looks at the whole person and how other issues affect the urological problem.
THE OFFICE SCHEDULE IS OVERBOOKED RESULTING IN LONG WAIT TIMES. WHENEVER CALLING THE OFFICE, YOU NORMALLY GET A VOICE MAIL WHICH IN SOME CASES IS NOT RETURNED WITHIN 24 HOURS. IT'S VERY RARE THAT YOU GET TO TALK TO A REAL LIVE PERSON. THE WAIT TIME FROM WHEN YOU GET IN THE EXAM ROOM AND WHEN YOU SEE THE DOCTOR IS EXCESSIVE AND UNCOMFORTABLE.
My overall experience with this doctor and his staff was poor. An initial diagnosis was completely wrong. He promised to set up referral appointments with 2 other doctors and call me. After 2 weeks I call and find nothing has been done. His office promises to forward test results to another surgeon. After a 2 hour drive to discuss these test results with the surgeon, I find they were never sent. His office is frequently closed and it takes an average of 5 calls to get to speak to a real person. When you're diagnosed with cancer, you want everything to go as smoothly as possible. That certainly didn't happen in my case.
26 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Sam Stokes III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sam Stokes III in this video.
Dr. Sam Stokes III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carbondale, IL.