Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sam J Weiss has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Sam J Weiss has the following 13 expertise
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Drug Allergy
- Watery Eyes
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Showing 5 of 27
He diagnosed me with a rare disease in 2009. CHURG-STRAUSS SYNDROME - a disease you hear about in medical school and never see in your practice. He called me at home on a daily basis during an acute phase of my disease. He answered my calls and saw me right away when odd things popped up during the flare up(s). One side of my face swelled up overnight. (It was an infection in jaw which required surgery) I developed a blood clot in my anal gland (again overnight) - I was having surgery within 24 hours. I felt like I was having pressure in my chest and couldn't take a deep breath. (I just had a chest x-ray a few weeks prior and it was normal.) He sent me for a CT chest . I now had masses with infiltrates in my lungs. He listened and directed me during those dark days after I was diagnosed. My disease is chronic. There is no cause and no cure. Dr Weiss has managed my care so that I am able to have quality of life. I am also able to continue to work full time. I will be forever grateful to him.
I've been going to Dr. Weiss for over five years. I used to get sick all the time and cough all night. I saw many doctor's before finding Dr. Weiss and none of them really helped me, but Dr. Weiss figured out what was wrong and changed my treatment and now I rarely get sick and rarely cough anymore. He's a great doctor, and his staff is friendly and efficient.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
38 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Sam J Weiss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEisenhower Medical Center, 39000 Bob Hope Dr, Rancho Mirage, CA
Dr. Sam J Weiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Mirage, CA.