Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Samar R Sankari has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 25
While she is a very nice person I went in for my thyroid all she wanted to talk about was my A1-C which by the way was well within average range for a non diabetic. I felt my thyroid meds needed increased her answer was for me to eat less and excercise. She rushed in and out so quickly..... I felt like I was bothering her. I paid with cash and was refused a receipt! I will not be going back!!!! Wait time was awful! Staff rude!
I visited her office once that was enough for me. I have hypothyroidism and she does not listen to what her patients have to say. She also rushes you in and out. Its like thanks for the office call money. Most people I know who have thyroid conditions go through more than anybody could imagine and most of us do extensive research on the matter. If you see this doctor I promise you she will treat you like your dumb and to add to it I am a professional in the medical field myself. GOOD LUCK for anyone who see her.
Please do not go see this doctor. I had no problems going to this doctors office until today. It took me a month to get this appointment when I walked in I gave them my insurance card. The lady at the front office said "Oh your family doctor is wrong so we can't see you until you get this changed." So I sat there calling the Insurance to get the family doctor changed. While I am doing this the front office lady starts taking the patients back that came in after me. I went up to her and said "So because my insurance has the wrong family doctor on the card you are bumping the other people before me?? She said to me "Yes this happened like 4 times yesterday" and then just looked at me...Not even considering hmm maybe this client took off work to come here, maybe she has kids at home and is taking time away from them to be here. She could have cared less!!! Even though it took a month to get in to see this doctor I will be going to another one. Her front office lady was SO RUDE TO ME!! IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SEEING THIS DOCTOR BEWARE OF THE FRONT OFFICE LADY!!! ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR INSURANCE IS CORRECT OR THEY WILL START BUMPING OTHERS IN FRONT OF YOU. I AM SURE THERE ARE OTHER DOCTORS THAT HAVE NICE FRONT OFFICE STAFF THAT WILL SEE ME.
Dr. Sankari is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Our Lady Of Mercy Medical Center
Dr. Samar R Sankari accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsProfessional Endocrinology Associates Pllc, 331 Laidley St Ste 507, Charleston, WV
Dr. Samar R Sankari is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, WV.