Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sameera Z Khan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 6
A review for Dr.Khan. Considering all affiliates and conditions with Schizophrenia, yes I would have a very good reccommendation. As long as the person is taking some initiative in doing their part. The monitoring period for me was very important but moreso implemented by Dr. Khan. The invasiveness to make a person adhere to committing to an appointment was remarkable!
Dr. Khan has been an old friend! The sample give out was new to me. I liked them. It wqas new to me to for 3-4 years to take packaged pills but it went very well. Kathy and Charlie did some work too. The good thing I liked about being at Portage Path is the visits were every 6-8 weeks. That's a noticable change. It may have caused disruption in my currect care. A feeling of lostness. I am still taking the medicine I was prescribed with Dr.Khan a couple different ones now but, I think the important thing I noticed is that I did well at Portage Path and after a taking pill and pil for those 3-4 years I needed to get some "cleaners" or vitamins". That crops up a life style that I was somewhat familied in. So making healthy choices will not be a difficult change! "Hi"
Dr. Khan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Khyber Medical College
Graduated in 1974
Northeast Ohio University College Of Medicine
Dr. Sameera Z Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPortage Pathology Behavioral Health, 340 S Broadway St, Akron, OH
Dr. Sameera Z Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.