Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Sameh S Kamel has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Sameh S Kamel has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Sameh S Kamel has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 14
Last Christmas, my father became more and more fatigued requiring an ambulance to take him to the hospital. Liver enzymes were out of whack and the GP ordered a GI consult. I thought... what for? To bill him for a gastroscope and colonoscope?? Kamil ordered an abdominal CT scan and discovered gallstones occluding the common bile duct, thus causing acute pancreatitis and explaining the symptoms. This was despite the fact that he had his gallbladder out 2 years prior! He performed an ERCP, removed most of the stones, put it a stent, and continues to follow him.
I suffered a stroke while under an anasthetic administered as part of a colonoscopy. I don't know if the person who administerd the anasthesia was competent to do so. I do not believe the staff, or physician, was competent to recognize what had occurred and was only anxious to release me. There was no pre-consult or apparent review of prior medical history. When I asked for help I was not even given the courtesy of a return phone call. I think this practice is more concerned with quantity of procedures than pquality of patient care.
22 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1996
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions4360 Fulton Dr NW, Canton, OH
Dr. Sameh S Kamel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Canton, OH.