Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sameh S Wahba has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
Showing 5 of 47
DO NOT USE THIS PSYCHIATRIST. ALL HE DOES IS WRITE PRESCRIPTIONS FOR MEDS AND ISNT INTERESTED IN HEARING WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY TO TRY AND DEALS WITH YOUR PROBLEMS. HE HAS A WAITING ROOM FULL OF PATIENTS AND ALL YOU DO IS GO IN GET A SCRIPT AND LEAVE. I SWITCHED PSYCHIATRIST AND THE NEW DOCTOR IS AMAZING.
This man is an animal ! He is nothing but a pill pusher ! He is the rudest man and Doctor I have ever came across! He also isn't respectful of woman ! he doesn't like woman and he doesn't care if you know it or not ! My father was so terribly depressed he didn't care! He takes you off of medicine that your suppose to be weaned off slowly and lies straight to your face there will be no side effects ! He sits with you for 3 minutes then writes a script and tells you he'll see you in a month !! He is arrogant, nasty! He is the worst Doctor I have ever met doesn't care about you one not! He is such a bad man it's frightening !!! I wouldn't bring my dog to him !! If I could I would stand out front of his office with a ginormous sign !! That read dr wahba is SATAN !! Please I beg of you don't use this man he is no good!!
34 Years Experience
Ain Shams University
Graduated in 1984
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Sameh S Wahba accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSameh S Wahba Md, 60 N Country Rd Ste 201, Port Jefferson, NY
Dr. Sameh S Wahba is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Jefferson, NY.