Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Samer Ballouz has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 11
My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Dr. Ballouz and his group was her doctor. They said we needed a biopsy to see what type of cancer so they could set up a treatment plan. We were told it could take up to 3 weeks to get the results. After 4 weeks with no contact I called Dr. Ballouz and all he keep saying is that it takes 3 weeks to get the results even after I kept telling him it had been 4 weeks. He called them and called me back and said it was not done yet. My wife went into hospice care and she told me that she thinks they just abandoned her. I saw him in the hospital weeks later when I was visiting my wife in hospice and it was all I could do not to go off on him, when I asked him about the results he said he had too many patience and could not remember the results. I told him how my wife thought that they had abandoned her and he said they would never do that. I saw him on the hospice floor and he asked me if I would like to see the results of the biopsy. I said yes even thou my wife by this time was laying in bed unresponsive. He tried to get into her records but he couldn't because he wasn't one of her doctors. So they did abandoned her and never told us. He asked if he could see my wife and I don't know why I said yes but I did. He went in and spoke to my wife and all I wanted to do was throw him out of the room. Of course my wife didn't respond back to him as she was unresponsive. She passed away the next day and I have still not gotten the results only the bill for the biopsy.
left message with staff to have Dr. Ballouz call back because of questions,pain issues,test results.... it would be DAYS before he would return the call. Many times had to ask him if complications were due to chemo or the cancer and he would not know and have to "look it up" then would never follow up. Pat answer was "you look good"
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Samer Ballouz accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRochester Medical Group, 3950 S Rochester Rd Ste 1200, Rochester, MI
Dr. Samer Ballouz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MI.