Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sami E Asmar
Dr. Sami E Asmar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sterling Heights, MI, with another office in Warren, MI. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Asmar is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy and Henry Ford Macomb. Dr. Asmar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sami E Asmar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sami E Asmar has the following 7 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
Dr. Sami E Asmar has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Sami E Asmar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I love Dr. Asmar because he gives it to you real. He has a wonderful attitude and very wonderful mind set. I love to see him smile when he has had a hard day. He comes in the office and spends time talking to you. He will tell you what you need to do and it is up to you as a patient to do what he ask. I love the time that he spends with me better than most doctors, who walk in, and out and are done. The wait is about 10 minutes but one thing I say he will apologize for the wait if you are there any longer. Love him.
Dr Asmar will not beat around the bush, he will answer your questions as detailed as you want, or as simply as you prefer. I am a happy patient, and gladly refer my friends and family whenever I can.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Asmar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mclaren Regional Medical Center
Dr. Sami E Asmar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sami E Asmar in this video.
Dr. Sami E Asmar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sterling Heights, MI.