Dr. Sami Maywood Is this you?

3.1

Almost Died at Dr. Maywood's Hands

Dr. Maywood was a highly negligent doctor. He performed an unnecessary surgery on me at his recommendation. I contracted an infection in my spine with obvious outer signs. Dr. Maywood refused to correct his problems and I went to another pain management specialist doctor to fix Dr. Maywood's medical negligence and ultimately save my life. This was not about getting or not getting pain medications for me. Dr. Maywood is where he belongs. He can burn there with the rest of them for all he did to me and other patients who see him for the monster he was.

I am shocked to see all of these horrible reviews!! Dr Maywood is an amazing, caring, and wonderful doctor. Shame on you for blaming a doctor for your drug addiction. Maybe its you all have an addictive personality therefore became addicted to pain medications. Who's fault is that a doctor that tried to help you or yourself. He took excellent care of me as well as I have referred family and friends to see him.

Where is Sam? Is he really dead, or is he hiding out to avoid lawsuits? Something about his death doesn't gel.

scammed

A fine Doctor-take responsibility yourselves

Just today I heard of the passing of a fine Doctor and man-Dr. Sam Maywood. I was treated via cervical and lumbar spine epidurals over a five year period, for severe pain. I totally disagree with the negative comments. Way too many 'victims' avoiding your own responsibilities!. Dr. Maywood was not a magician-for every pain treatment there is a patient responsibility which requires getting up, moving, using your body. Dr. Maywood could not do that for you. I am sad at his passing. Being on Medicare, he did not need to treat me, and in fact I am sure lost money doing so! I have lived in pain for 25 years, and there is no magic bullet-I work hard at my own health! He was always sincere about my health care needs, and did a great job! Shame on those of you that use his passing as an opportunity to once again run from your own personal responsibilities with your pain management and recovery. Did he talk about cars, houses, wine? Yes, in a casual way that I found relaxing. He was a fine man. Rest in peace and respect Dr. Sam.

Wow, just wow....all of these horrible reviews!! Shameful! You people who put blame on the doctor for getting YOU hooked on rx pain pills!! What did you think would happen when YOU sought the care of a PAIN MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST!? Did you think you would get OTC Tylenol and be pain free? YOU received the paperwork, YOU read the warnings...did you not READ the information your pharmacist gave you about the drugs you were taking? How are ill-informed, ignorant patients not to blame for your own actions? I came to Dr. Maywood after exhausting all my other options for a pain free life. He was the ONLY doctor who stood behind me, who understood the level of pain I lived with on a minute by minute basis. He did EVERYTHING he could to help me. I have been on these meds for 5 YEARS and I have had NO problem!!! I haven't increased my dosage, haven't become crazed, haven't pointed the blame....haven't become addicted. You see, there is a difference between addiction and dependance. I depended on Dr. Maywood to treat me for my pain. That he did. I have yet to turn the tables and say HE is the reason I am in pain....HE is the reason my injury requires me to take these levels of narcotics, HE is the reason I have slipped out of control and become addicted. Take responsiblity for your own actions and your OWN treatment. Have you slipped so far out of control that you are not taking the meds as prescribed? Have you needed more and more and more to get you 'high'? Have you become so tangled in your addiction that withdrawl has become overwhelming and you are just now realizing that YOU have gotten YOURSELF in trouble? I know that I haven't....because I came to a pain doctor to find relief from my pain. Dr. Maywood gave me as much relief as my body would allow and he did it the proper way. By following his instruction to a tee - he helped me get out of bed each day and LIVE my life!! How dare anyone say he was only in it to promote his recovery business....he created the recovery center to HELP people when it was time to stop taking medication he KNEW would be difficult to ween from. I give Dr. Maywood as much respect in life as I do in death. He was a great Doctor and I feel less that treated now that he is gone.

I use to think very highly of dr maywood. Thinking back it was so easy to get pain meds. Norco went to oxy, oxy went to duliadid, to morphine, to perqucet. To a combination of all. I had 4 kids. Before I knew what happened I was addicted, I, myself asked to stop meds and was told nope it will make u worse. Then get sent to his rehab program, and watched as his patients got meds taken away. And saw all the cedit given to his program, never mentioning how easy it was to get them when you are his pacient, I TURNED IN ALL MY MEDS... I SUFFERED THROUGH MONTHS OF DETOX... I HAD TO TELL THEM NO MORE

How Dare you

Anyone who dares to write a false and terrible review about a man that saved lives and who was loved by thousands all over the world, should feel ashamed of themselves. This man had probably close to 600 or more people at his service after he passed, and no one had anything but kind things to say about him. He was a person who put others needs before his own, and took everyone else's problems on to better everyone but himself. He was the type of doctor who cared for his patients as if they were his own children, and anyone who knows him, knows that. What disgusting people could write a false review about a great man who passed away. RIP Dr. Maywood. You are greatly missed by your family, friends, medical community, symbolic and motorcycle community, and hundreds more.

Dr Maywood was a life-saver

Dr. Sami Maywood was my pain physician for about 10 years, he knew pain medications, and knew how to use them effectively. He was a lifesaver. He told me exactly what he expected from me. He asked what I needed and what I expected from him. We had a mutual contract as to what I must do. He diagnosed and treated me with medicines that worked for me. That kind of support is more a rarity than you might think. He died about a month ago. I will miss him and I already miss his office staff. They all worked together and cheerfully helped me manage my pain. Sadly, I now need to start looking for that kind of help in another pain management physician. Before meeting Dr. Maywood I was treated by another pain physician. He used inadequate pain therapy. I was always exhausted, doing just my job and coming home to collapse on the bed or couch. I lost years of my life in unrelenting pain, and years of being the mother I now can be. I want you to know that my experience with pain is similar with that of many other pain patients. We are often treated like convicted criminals. Pain somehow implies a lack of trust in a medical record. Frequently, a patient’s worst experiences come from inadequate pain medication therapy. The honesty of the patient is always in question, as is the pain. Most patients with long term pain are treated to various “levels of suffering”, not so often to adequate levels of pain relief. I know that pain patients are very lucky if they find a good pain specialist, like I found in Dr. Maywood and his office staff.

Priorities

I also had a bad experience with Dr. Maywood but fortunately I went another path and resolved the issue through physical therapy. As I researched the doctor I found that his priorities were way off balance and I needed to move on. But lets learn from this man's mistakes. Seeking money and status is a prescription to unhappiness and loneliness. The way to a happy and fulfilling life is through love of friends and family. Seek a path that is not materialistic but healthy in regards to mind and body. I was really put off by this man but I am very sorry he suffered so. Also my heart goes out to his family.

Great Doctor!

Thank you Dr Maywood for helping THOUSANDS of chronic patients for so many years with great compassion. Thank you for making tough choices and not prescribing inappropriate doses of pain medicines when it was not indicated. You've always done what was best for your patients even if some of them were unhappy with your advice regarding the dangers of narcotics. You have been a savior for so many with chronic pain Dr. Maywood! May God bless you.

Did not fully advise me of risks of procedure

I saw Dr. Maywood in 2010 for two epidural injections because of a herniated disc in my neck. Dr. Maywood went through the front of the neck for both of these injections. While I did think this was unusual I had never had these injections before and did not question his expertise. I recently had a third epidrual injection (different doctor). This doctor did the injection from the back of the neck. When I told him that my previous injections had been through the front of the neck, I literally saw the blood drain from his face. He proceeded to tell me that doing injections from the front of the neck is EXTREMELY high risk. He ran through a list of very serious potential side effects. I had not been made aware of any of these at the time of my injections with Dr. Maywood. If I had, I would have simply walked out, I would have rather lived with the pain than risk any of those side effects occurring. Thankfully, I did not suffer any of those side effects. I feel it was extremely irresponsible of Dr. Maywood not to fully disclose potential side effects.

Dr. Sami Maywood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.