Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sami B Nazzal
Dr. Sami B Nazzal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Bernardino, CA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nazzal is affiliated with Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital and Mountains Community Hospital. Dr. Nazzal has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Sami B Nazzal has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sami B Nazzal has the following 5 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Sami B Nazzal is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Nazzal is a very experienced cardiologist. I have to say that he is the best cardiologist that I have ever met. He has forgotten more than most cardiologist know. He took care of me on a couple of occasions and I would highly recommend him to anyone. I had no problem with waiting to see him but all good things are worth the wait.
Patients should watch this doctor carefully as he is not truthful and misdiagnose patients to do procedures which are not needed. He is very cunning but in fact has a very bad personality. All he cares is to make MONEY not about the quality of medical care. He performed various procedures within 2 years which were unnecessary (stents) spoiling the arteries so that consequently I had to have open heart surgery (4-bypass). He also medicated me with the strongest of blood thinner without doing prior testing and within few hours 95% of blood platelets were destroyed and required 3 transfusions otherwise I would have died! This was within 2 years period (1999-2002). I discovered these malpractice 10 years later and unfortunately could not take legal action although I kept all my medical records and CD's in proper order. Please take other doctors from different hospital advice before allowing this 'doctor' perform any procedure.
Obnoxious, overly aggressive with patients. Demands that they agree with his testing procedures - he does not ask or give them a choice, in violation of patients rights. His office staff is extremely rude. After being in the hospital for two weeks under Nazzal's care, I was given an appointment for a month later. I was treated rudely and as if my opinions and decisions did not matter. Further, he refused to see me because I didn't get an appt. quickly enough to see him. The appt. was made for me by his office the day I left the hospital. Nazzal may have once been very good. He needs to retire and a few of his office staff need to be replaced.
After a stroke, This doctor suggested a stress test yet the staff was incompetent in dealing with the insurance (it's a large group PPO!), callbacks don't happen for days (if at all), scheduling is a mess, and each visit we have waited for at least 2 hours. Then, the doctor was unsure about what action to take. There is no confidence in the doctor or the incompetence of the staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Nazzal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Universite Libre De Bruxelles
Graduated in 1968
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Sami B Nazzal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthland Cardiology Medical Group, 399 E Highland Ave Ste 307, San Bernardino, CA
Dr. Sami B Nazzal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Bernardino, CA.