Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sami F Yasin has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sami F Yasin has the following 7 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Sami F Yasin has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sami F Yasin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
LIKES:0 DISLIKES: 3 PLUS HOUR WAITING TIME HAVE TO GO EVERY MONTH TO TELL U TO QUIT SMOKING SO HE CAN BILL MEDICARE $40. HE CHARGES MEDICARE $200 FOR A PCP VISIT WHICH SHOULD BE NO MORE THAT $100 IF TREATING BLOOD PRESSURE AND SOME PAIN. GETS YOU HOOKED ON OPIATES FOR YEARS AND DROPS YOU OFF , NOT WEANING AS A DR SHOULD. HE OVER BOOKS HE ORDERS TESTS THAT ARE NOT NEEDED. STRAIGHT UP CROOK
I wrote this same review on another website and am posting it here too. I'm going to address the straw that broke the camels back. I pray this doesn't happen to anyone else. Was sick for well over a year for one week out of every month. To make a long story short every time I saw him and nothing showed up on basic blood tests he'd say "you seem fine whenever you're here" or "You're a healthy weight". Eventually I wound up 82 pounds (I started at 138) after a bad bout of throwing up & diarrhea. I'd been to emergency before the vomiting started and was sent home so when I saw Dr. Yasin he didn't do anymore tests though I told him I'd been vomiting every couple of hours for two days. Later I was admitted to the hospital by emergency for a potassium level of 2.5. Ran tests and only found chronic inflammation in my stomach via scope. What illness did he decide to discharge me with before leaving the hospital? ANOREXIA NERVOSA though I'd been telling him all year I did NOT do this to myself intentionally. Kicked him to the curb and got a new Doctor now. SO LONG!
I had great respect for Dr Yasin and trusted him. No matter how long i waited i always thought the care was worth it. However i put too much trust into a Dr i thought actually cared. But my worst fear beame a reality today when i was dropped. I thought this Dr was never like this. First oath is do no harm. Would that include emotional harm when they drop poor patients like hotcakes and pick up patients who have better ins? Funny how I'm dropped by two Drs a week within the Popes visit. Glad to see humanity improving. I will never see Dr Yasin in the same light. Especially after knowing how devastated i would be if i needed a new Dr.
He is dreadful about appointments! A 'noon' appt with Sami means "4 PM". Every single time I was there an angry patient would storm out of the waiting room having been kept waiting for hours, like I was. When you FINALLY see him, he runs into the exam room saying "I'm running late!", and a glance at the nurse's notes, write a script and hurries out the door. The appt last about 5 mins.
33 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Sami F Yasin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsVernon Medical Associates, 199 State Rt 284 Ste 100, Sussex, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sami F Yasin in this video.
Dr. Sami F Yasin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sussex, NJ.