Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Samineh Khosrowshahi MD
Dr. Samineh Khosrowshahi has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Samineh Khosrowshahi has the following 9 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samineh Khosrowshahi - Posted on September 21st, 2018
Wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samineh Khosrowshahi - Posted on April 4th, 2018
I was referred to her because of constant head pressure and imbalance for 6 months. Her diagnosis after 5 minutes was drink water. I told her I do drink water. She then said well don't drink too much. And according to her all women get dizzy and have head pressure. I left the office crying because she wasn't interested in anything I had to say.
Worst experience ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samineh Khosrowshahi - Posted on June 12th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samineh Khosrowshahi - Posted on November 3rd, 2012
excellent bedside manners
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samineh Khosrowshahi - Posted on October 31st, 2012
27 Years Experience
Shahid Beheshti University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1992
St Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. Samineh Khosrowshahi Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Locations & DirectionsCARLE CLINIC URBANA MAIN CAMPUS, 602 W University Ave, Urbana, IL
Dr. Samineh Khosrowshahi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Urbana, IL.