Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Great experience! Solid Care
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed - Posted on April 11th, 2014
I scheduled a physical after my 35th birthday. It had been years since I had, had a physical. I'm so thankful I did. He uncovered many different things going on that could have become a bigger issue if they weren't treated and tended too. Since my appointment I have changed my lifestyle and started taking my medications. I feel the best I have felt in years. I'm thankful for the care I received at Family Medicine Healthcare!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed - Posted on July 11th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed - Posted on March 28th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed - Posted on February 4th, 2013
I would recommend Dr. Abdelshaheed and Family Medicine Healthcare to anyone! I made an appointment because I just hadn't been feeling well. After a complete and very thorough exam, including him asking me a bunch of questions, he figured it out! I am on the way to feeling better. Thank you!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed - Posted on February 1st, 2013
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Abdelshaheed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed
I founded Family Medicine Healthcare in 2004. I wanted patients to have a family practice physician who could treat their entire family with equal knowledge of each stage of life. Also, a physician who builds a relationship with their patients. Our office focuses on providing as many services as possible before sending our patients to a specialist. In our office, we provide not only routine, general exams, but also minor surgical procedures, ultrasounds, and all lab work needed.
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed, MD - Family Medicine in Portsmouth, VA, in this video.
Dr. Samir T Abdelshaheed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Portsmouth, VA.