Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Samir K Ahuja
Dr. Samir K Ahuja, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Riverdale, MD, with another office in Takoma Park, MD. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ahuja is affiliated with Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center National Institute of Health. Dr. Ahuja has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Samir K Ahuja has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Samir K Ahuja has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Samir K Ahuja has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
I heard that Dr. Ahuja left Cardiovascular Associates, and I was very sorry to hear it. Hope to find him at another practice. His bedside manner was fantastic. He managed to calm me down about a recent cardiac issue and gave me some very useful, practical advice about an old leg injury that was better than what I received from my vascular specialist. If Ahuja, as a new doctor, is the future of cardiology, I'm feeling more optimistic about my cardiac health.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ahuja is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Samir K Ahuja accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Samir K Ahuja is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverdale, MD.