Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Samir N Mehta
Dr. Samir N Mehta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Mehta is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. Dr. Mehta has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Samir N Mehta has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Samir N Mehta has the following 27 expertise
- Ununited Fractures
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Femoral Fractures
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Transplantation
- Herniated Disc
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
- Heterotopic Ossification
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Compartment Syndromes
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Arm Fracture (Humeral Fractures)
- Hip Fractures
- Femoral Neck Fractures
- Bone Fracture
Dr. Samir N Mehta has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 33
I crushed my hand and he did a good job with surgery. When I went to his office he would not stop flirting with me. He went so far as to ask me out after my wrist is healed even though he knows i am married. I told him I was married and he said he is too and he didn't see a problem with his behavior. I brought my husband with me after this visit
It has been 3 months since my skydiving accident when my friends brought me to Dr. S. Mehta. I already had 3 surgeries, metal, infection, unhealed wound and fibula in my ankle.I was losing hope... Dr. Mehta made a perfect plan.This doctor is very knowledgeable,skilled, professional, confident, and positive.He made such a difference. Now I have my life back! The sky and high heels are waiting for me. :) Thank you Dr.Samir Mehta and his team!
Dr. Mehta gave me a chance at maintaining the healthy, active lifestyle that would have been impossible had I stayed within my home area. His remarkable bedside manner, depth of knowledge and willingness to explain things made it easy to instantly trust him. He re-attached my hamstring, a surgery that was pretty much unheard of in my area and considered too invasive to undertake. At the age of 54, I am able to continue exercising daily, including racquetball and my many high impact activities. As far as wait time? I would have waited whatever length of time was needed to be able to see a doctor of this caliber.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Mehta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Samir N Mehta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samir N Mehta in this video.
Dr. Samir N Mehta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.