Dr. Sammy Kang Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Sammy Kang?

Excellent Dermatologist very through. He is quiet but very willing to answer any and all questions.

Doesn't Know Anything About Scabies

I had scaly skin everywhere, intense itching, crawling/wriggling, vibrations in the skin, pinpricks, red pustules/blisters, blistery black&blue skin behind the knees, red cauliflower patches between the fingers and he diagnosed eczema. I even provided pics with timelines and detailed accounts. I basically served him the diagnosis on a silver platter and he STILL DIDN'T GET IT. It was like arguing with a brick wall. To be fair, scabies is frequently misdiagnosed, but that's excusable because the patient doesn't even know what's going on. Also I had a punch biopsy done and it was negative, but that shows me how poor the sensitivity of the test is. I begged him for ivermectin and he wouldn't prescribe me any. Go to an infectious disease doctor for some if you have a bad case and permethrin doesn't cut it.

Great doctor!!

Good Doctor Horrible Staff

The staff at Dr Kang's Quarterfield Road office is horrific. The receptionist is rude and arrogant and tried everything she could to humiliate a patient. She was very loud and indignant and refused to listen to anything that the patient tried to say. Dr. Kang lost a patient because of his front office staff today!!!

Staph infection from services

Dr. Kang removed a suspicious mole from my upper leg. The next say, I had a raging staph infection at the removal site. Dr. Kang did not return phone calls for biopsy results requests.

Highly recommend

I have been so happy with the last few months visiting Doctor Kang and his staff. I had two cancerous moles removed about three years ago by a well-known plastic surgeon in the area I was living and the scars were terrible. They are both on my arm and I constantly get asked about them. I have now had two more moles removed by Dr. Kang and I am so relieved but the results. The scar is barely noticeable! When my pathology came came back after the removal he was able to get all of the bad cells out. I also found out that the one mole was severe and would have turned into melanoma if it wasn't taken care of. I'm so happy he talked me into getting it removed. I am in my mid 20s and was nervous to have to go to a new doctor and have them examine you head to toe but he made me feel completely comfortable. I have a terrible time with anxiety and when I see blood I feel very faint. My first time there I almost passed out. I was so embarrassed but his staff made me feel comfortable and from every visit after always asked me how I was feeling and took all precautions in case it happened again. I know this is a long review but I have never done one before and wanted to make sure I did for him and get my story out to hopefully help someone else out there find a doctor they're looking for. :)

Misdiagnosed

I was getting treated with liquid nitrogen and my lesion on my face was cancerous. Please go somewhere else!

Great Doc

He accurately diagnosed me within mintes when I was originally misdiagnosed for 2 months. Always spends as much time with me as I need.

Dr. Kang was recommended to me by my primary care doc.I now send my husband and mom to him as well. We all like him.