Dr. Sammy Lerma III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sammy Lerma III?

Posted on February 18th, 2016

Dr cancels and reschedules with no notice. Just what's convenient for them. They make no effort to really get ahold of you if they are going to reschedule.

If you like your doc to give you a blank stare and not speak then see him

Posted on November 29th, 2012

I came to Doctor Lerma after having a frightening near death experience after having my baby. I had just come out of a three week hospital stay with pulminary edema and was referred to Dr. Lerma for follow up. He came in for two minutes, sat down, stared at me...asked no questions, and seemed bothered by my explaining why I was there. I had to ask him whether or not I needed to stay on the bp meds prescribed in the hospital and again he kind of blankly stared and left the decision up to me!!! I am not a doctor, how should I know? He also treated me like a junkie after learning that the hospital had discharged me with pain meds. Weird is all I can say.

Fantastic Place to Be Cared For!

Posted on October 30th, 2012

I had been seen by a multitude of (over 15) doctors and specialists over a two year span for symptoms that remained undiagnosed and untreated, only to cause more harm, as those doctors were not willing to hear me. Through his diligence and willingness to listen to me as the patient, Dr. Lerma was able to diagnose what has been determined to be a life threatening disease. In sort he has improved the quality of and I believe saved my life. Myself and my family are forever grateful to have Doctor Lerma treating our family.

Poor Doctor

Posted on October 17th, 2011

Dr Lerma is not a good doctor. He mumbles and spends maybe 20 seconds in the room before running out. I made an appointment on a friday for the following monday to have my diabetes checked-went to walmart and requested a refill- came home and found a message at 11:30 to call. the office closes at 12:00. I went back to pick up my diabetes meds on Saturday and found out they denied my refill. who denies diabetes meds? I was left with no meds and no explanation. I had an appointment for that following monday and the office staff is so incompetent they couldn't see that. I have since then transferred to another doctor and will take my entire family with me. Dr Lerma does not care about the patients he only cares about the money.

Just not warm and caring

Posted on April 18th, 2011

Office staff was very nice and professional. Dr Lerma was very distant and was barely speaking during the 5 minutes I saw him for unspecific arthritis-like symptoms. Did not seem willing to explore the possibilities of what the cause may be. Never followed-up after the bloodwork. Had to call in 2 weeks later to get the results and get a follow-up action. Would not recommend to anybody who appreciates warm bedside manners and a doctor who actually talk to you.

Very caring Physician and Staff

Posted on January 12th, 2011

Dr. Lerma and his staff are fantastic. It is easy to get in for an appointment, and although the waiting room is generally full, the wait is minimal every time I go. They schedule their appointments correctly and do not over book. The last doctor I had was wonderful, but I sometimes had to wait upwards of 1/2 hour every time, this never happens with Dr. Lerma. The only down side I see is they do not want to prescribe pain medication- I live with chronic pain from various injuries and this bothers me as I have had to see a pain management physician- but I do understand. Overall, Dr. Lerma and his staff are the best !

exellent experience

Posted on November 4th, 2010

Just visited with Dr. Lerma's nurse pracititioner & she was so empathetic, gave me excellent advise & well made me cry no one had taken as much time with me. She has excellent bedside manners. I was impressed with the nurse practitioner

Posted on August 1st, 2009

This Doctor is never available after office hours. Unwilling to work with patients who have financial issues. He does not examine patients during a visit, he simply fills previous prescriptions. Has no bedside manner and his staff is unprofessional. Dr Lerma is not affiliated with enough hospitals to effectively treat his patients.

Awesome Doctor