Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Samuel M Alexander has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Samuel M Alexander has the following 14 expertise
- Child Birth
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Women's Health
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Samuel M Alexander has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Samuel M Alexander is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
The metairie office staff are aweful!!! From the office manager, Karen, to the little girl who sets appointments, Erica, are unfriendly and unprofessional. This office treats you like nothing more than another number. Once you finally make it in the office to see the Doctor, its a fly by night operation that goes by so fast if you blink you will miss it. I wouldn't recommend a puppy let along a human being to visit this provider.
This doctor droppe me when I was 32 weeks pregnant for my inability to pay a $300.00 bill. I lost my job and health insurance while pregnant which resulted in my having to get medicaid. In between changes of insurances a 300 dollar bill resulted which I could not pay before my delivery b/c i was now unemployeed. I recieved a call from his billing department that I was dropped as a patient from failure to pay, at 32 weeks pregnant. Imagine the stress.
This Dr. very sweet and take his time with you that why going back to him move away took me time to find him . Wish all the Dr. was like him with bedside like him I want to tell him thank you so much i want put my life in his hands one more time. Thank You so much Dr.Samuel Alexander. I seen him in Metaire office now will see him Sidell off
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1989
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Samuel M Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSamuel M Alexander Md, 4720 S I 10 Service Rd W Ste 201, Metairie, LA
Dr. Samuel M Alexander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Metairie, LA.