Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Samuel A Burstein has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 8
Absolutely no bedside manor. Told my mother that she had a year to live. I said she is getting radiation, doesn't that kill it? He said, yes but it will just move other places, about a year and no more, in a rude bothered manor. My mother hadn't even asked how long she had to live. Thanks to him, playing God, like he apparently thinks he is, she died in her heart that day. She was physically dead six weeks later. I thought the doctors were supposed to "first, do no harm"!
Dr. Burstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Samuel A Burstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIllinois Oncology, 4000 N Illinois Ln Ste C, Swansea, IL
Dr. Samuel A Burstein is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Swansea, IL.