Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Samuel E Dey Jr has the following 3 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Mental Illness
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
This review is about my nephew when I accompanied him to Dr. Dey's office! First of all the office is dim and for the life of me, I can't understand why the Dr. has on dark glasses...always! Secondly the sofa's are placed further away from the desk and I couldn't hear Dr. Dey at all! When I told him I couldn't hear him well and could he please speak a little louder, he refused! Consequently, I didn't hear much at all. I asked questions only to get oblique answers! When I asked my nephew how this Dr. has helped him, he could only answer, "Well, he got me on meds." So why does my nephew have to keep going back every month? Just so this "doctor" can get paid...is that it? I'd much rather have a doctor who can and will be more concerned about my nephew's progress and how to improve!!!
Nearly 1 month between first and second visit (stated as first-available appointment). On second visit, receptionist told me she had not scheduled the appointment (had to go home). Dr. Dey also prescribed a lab that he didn't go over with me himself. He asked me to go over the results with my primary (even though Dr. Dey himself requested the lab), and that he would not prescribe medication until the issue was clarified. Two more weeks of waiting. He also failed to run a simple DSM diagnostic on me and said he would refer me to an outside diagnostician (which he never actually did). This "doctor" needs to do his job. If I could, I would have given him zero stars in several categories.
No question Dr. Dey knows his business. Prescribed a good mix of meds and talk therapy, and understands I don't want to put an overreliance on medication. He's good, but a strange guy. Very aloof. Wore these dark sunglasses throughout our talk. I first thought he was blind, but he took them off long enough to read my old prescription bottle. Maybe he does this for reasons of his own, but it's kind of disturbing. His office staff = Not great. Ease of appointment/getting things started = difficult. Much of that is probably regulatory, though.
Wore sunglasses every time I have met with him and prescribed medication that is the same as the clock in his lobby (coincidence?). Dey has barely even spoke with me and yet refuses to treat me without medication (that same sponsored medication). Trying to find anyone else.
Dr. Dey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Samuel E Dey Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDogon Behavioral Medical Group, 3634 Elizabeth St, Riverside, CA
Dr. Samuel E Dey Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverside, CA.