Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Samuel F Adams Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Samuel F Adams Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 23
I have been a patient of Dr. Adams for about 20 years. After reading other remarks I can say that if we had tort reform regarding medical lawsuits most doctors would be somewhat different. I think Dr. Adams is reserved and cautious about diagnosing and prescribing medications. He may not be investigative in his approach but he is willing to suggest a doctor who might be more specialized. He does look at his computer notes but he is reviewing patient history. I hear test results from his staff. Never had a need for follow up from him.
Spends no time with you. Asks no questions. Not easy to talk to at all. Doubts what you tell him by raising his eyebrow as if he knows how you feel! Never diagnosed me nor seemed to want to do so. Had assistant call and just said go to a different specialist. You can get an appt. with him soon probably because no one wants to see him! Saw twice. Ran some minor tests and that was it. Flu like symptoms that were persisting. Could of cared less.
I have cofidece in his ability, I would recommed him to family.
29 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Samuel F Adams Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrimary Care Physicians of Atlanta PC, 5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 1200, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samuel F Adams Jr in this video.
Dr. Samuel F Adams Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.