Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Samuel M Hawken
Dr. Samuel M Hawken, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Annandale, VA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Hawken is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Hawken has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Samuel M Hawken has the following 3 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I went to Dr. Hawken for a second opinion after having two surgeries on my knee at the largest Orthopedic office in the area. I found him to be incredibly thorough and to have a great bedside manner. I was also shocked that he called me from his cell phone to talk about my MRI with me and he left me his cell phone number to call him back on to discuss the results. I have no complaints whatsoever. He did have someone with him in the room. I am not sure who the guy was. I am assuming he was in training, but I wasn't bothered by it. They were looking at my knee, not my privates!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hawken is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Harborview Medical Center
Dr. Samuel M Hawken accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFairfax Orthopedics, 3301 Woodburn Rd Ste 208, Annandale, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samuel M Hawken in this video.
Dr. Samuel M Hawken is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annandale, VA.