Care well above the Basic Standard of Care!

Nobody wants to hear that he has a "unique and complex" tumor of the nose. Those words came forth from Dr. Lin during the first minute our first meeting. Although perhaps too blunt to another patient's ears, I greatly appreciated the honesty. This honesty coupled with his compassion, good humor and exceptional skill resuled in a could-not-be-better experience. My diagnosis was a rather large left nasal hemangioma--a big ugly clump of very vascular tissue in my left nostril. In order to excise it, a portion of the left side of my nose needed to also be removed and then reconsructed. The first surgery removed the benign tumor. During that procedure Dr. Lin created a nasalabial flap by removing tissue from my left check, rolled it up and attached it to the left side of my nose. With good blood supply, and no sign of infection, one month later Dr. Lin performed the second surgery where he reduced the flap and created my new left nostril. One month later I was basically healed. It looks great: the tissue color and texture matches perffectly and the scaring is slight to impossible to see. Overall, a fantastic experience with Dr. Lin and his entire team of Surgical Fellows, nurses, PA's and administrative staff.

Knowledgeable and Caring Doctor

Dr. Lin is a remarkable surgeon. I want to thank him for his patience with me and for doing such a wonderful job on my breast reduction surgery. Dr. Lin is very knowledgeable and confident, but most importantly, he is very caring and compassionate. I would recommend anyone to Dr. Lin.

Amazing Open Rhinoplasty

I am 24 years old and three months post open rhinoplasty with Dr. Lin. I had an excellent experience. Dr. Lin was the third and final consult that I had for open rhinoplasty. I was wiling to continue paying for consult fees and attending additional appointments until I was 100% sure I had found the right surgeon. I was sure after my initial consult with Dr. Lin that I had found the right surgeon to perform this procedure for me. He also made sure to meet with me several times after the initial consult to answer questions I had before my surgery date. I came in with both functional and cosmetic concerns. I had narrow nasal passages, a slightly deviated septum, and oversized turbinates which made breathing somewhat difficult. I had a small bump on the left side of my nose. I also had an over projected tip that drooped especially when I was smiling. I had been told that the combination of droopiness and overprojection in teh tip was a particularly difficult fix. Dr. Lin was able to address all of my functional and cosmetic issues. He gave me a better version of my own nose that fit my face perfectly. Dr. Lin was one of the few surgeons I was able to find with two verifiable board certifications. A lot of surgeons claim to have two board certifications but only have one when you go to verify the certifications. I was impressed by Dr. Lin's ability to make a beautiful, functional nose. He has the perfect combination of artistic and technical skill and really knows how to make the nose fit with the rest of your face while making sure it works well too. Stacy at the front desk helped me immensely with insurance issues and nerves related to surgery. I would 100% recommend Dr. Lin for this procedure to anyone who asks. His bedside manner is amazing. He has met wtih me several times since surgery to make sure I am healing well. I am continuing to notice small changes in my nasal tip as residual swelling goes down and I am very happy with my results.

Great experience; comfortable

For the longest time, the thought of getting my nose fixed was on the list but I have always had this fear of getting surgery. I had a deviated septum and a fracture from breaking my nose at a young age. It was very difficult to breathe and sleep. I also had severe colds and it would take forever to recover. I finally decided to take initiative and was referred to Dr.Lin. Dr.Lin and his staff made sure to make me feel comfortable throughout the entire process. The surgery itself felt as if it went by super quick and the recovery to heal was not as bad as I expected. The end results came out to be great especially because I was able to breathe. The internal and external part of my nose looks great! Although it takes some time to fully heal, I can already see how great the results look!

Dr. Lin literally changed my life!

Two years after fighting breast cancer: double mastectomy, chemo and radiation (I had the works!), I developed an infection in my left breast, where I had an implant. It felt so unfair, I had already been through enough. For 6 months I had one breast. And where my left breast was did not look like it could ever look right again! I was devastated and felt completely broken. I could not have the implant replaced because of the high risk of another infection. I visited my original plastic surgeon at Mass General and her recommendation was to have a TRAM flap surgery. I ski, golf and am very active. I researched TRAM flap surgery and spoke to a woman that had one. TRAM flap surgery could have meant an increased risk of a hernia and loss of abdominal muscle. The woman I spoke to had developed a hernia and had surgery for it. She described the hernia surgery and recovery as more painful than the mastectomy and child birth! I was so scared to go forward with the TRAM flap surgery. I went for a second opinion at another prominent Boston hospital. I waited weeks for a “screening” appointment, I didn’t get to meet the doctor only his nurse. The manner in which she took the photos of me and measurements of my breasts left me feeling so embarrassed and degraded. She told me that my nipples would NOT be able to be sparred but that I could have tattoos in 9 – 12 months. She continued to say that it would be multiple surgeries and over a year until I was done. I left the appointment feeling completely hopeless. There was not an ounce of empathy or compassion. BTW - Dr. Lin was able to do the nipple sparring, so I still look like me! Just by luck, I met a colleague of Dr. Lin. He told me that I didn’t have to my abdominal muscles cut (which would be life changing not to mention a major challenge as I got older) and my nipples may be able to be sparred. He said, "go see Dr. Lin, he’s the best.” He wasn’t lying! I called Dr. Lin’s office and explained my situation. I got an appointment for the very next week. I was treated so kindly and compassionately at Dr. Lin’s office. When I met Dr. Lin, his demeanor and “bedside manor” was phenomenal. It was the first time in 6 months that I felt like everything was going to be okay! Dr. Lin performed a DIEP flap surgery on me. My stomach wasn’t this flat when I was 17 years old! I am so happy with the outcome. The recovery went great. I had a couple of optional touch up day surgeries months later that also went wonderfully! My new "normal" is beyond my expectations! What makes me sad and frustrated is that the surgeon at Mass General was never even going to tell me about my other options i.e. DIEP flap. She was going to do the TRAM flap, put me at risk of a hernia and my stomach muscles would be destroyed for the rest of my life. When I called her about the DIEP flap option, she told me that she didn’t mention it because she doesn’t do them. That doesn’t seem right to me. I do not know how I could ever possibly show my gratitude to Dr. Lin and everyone at his office! They made me whole again, physically and emotionally! Dr. Lin and his staff made me feel like I was their only patient! He really is the best!

Fix your nose inside and out! So happy!

I've had rhinoplasty and septoplasty and inside of my nose has collapsed, reducing ability to breathe and outside was uneven and made me very unhappy. Dr. Lin solved both problems perfectly! I can breathe better than ever (I'm a yoga instructor and marathoner and it matters!) and the shape is so nice. I feel so happy.

Caring, But Could Listen Better

I ended up with a nose wider than when I started, even though one of the main reasons for me going was to reduce the size of my nose. I also had some scarring from the surgery that continues to show around the nasal opening not related to the incision mark. He was not sure why or how that happened. Very nice doctor, but just wish the surgery was more successful.

Everything went smoothly and easily!!

Dr. Lin is an incredibly conscientious, kind attentive doctor. He listened to all of my concerns and never made me feel like any question was something silly. He was happy to provide me multiple projection photos of my nose and met with me multiple times to ensure that I had the best possible result. On the day of surgery, he helped me remain calm and eased my fears, and the surgery went perfectly and ended up being exactly what I wanted. He was able to clearly explain all possible consequences and thigns to expect during and after surgery, and the surgery healed almost 100% completely after a week. I had very little bruising and never needed to take any strong pain medicine. He made sure to be up front with me about the amount of time it would take for swelling. I am absolutely thrilled with his work and would highly recommend him to anybody.

Forehead flap surgery: an Exceptional Experience

I had an exceptional experience with Dr. Lin. A large basal cell cancer was removed from the top of my nose which then required reconstructive surgery. His office was wonderful and scheduled the first surgery 5 days after the cancer was removed which was a 'forehead flap' surgery. I had a total of 5 surgeries which only the first requiring an overnight stay in the hospital. This type of surgery requires patience but is worth the wait. The first surgery is the most difficult where the skin forms a skin of bridge to the spot being repaired. The subsequent surgeries refined the 'patch' on my nose thinning and shaping the skin. It took almost 6 months but I have my nose back! Dr. Lin always clearly explained clearly what the next steps would be. His office staff and nurses were wonderful-suppportive and encouraging as well as helpful scheduling surgeries and followup appointments. I am extremely pleased with the results of my surgeries.

Rhinoplasty-Wish I did it long ago

Dr. Lin and his entire staff surgical team were amazing from day 1. Since high school I was self conscious about the size of my nose. Surgery crossed my mind alot, but for so long I put it off because of 'what others would say or 'not having the time. Fast forward 20 years and I eventually became so unhappy with how I looked that I was untagging photos of me on social media because I hated how giant my noselooked, especially when I smiled- and that was a really awful feeling, because I love smiling!! I seriously researching rhinoplasty and I knew I was 100% ready because I no longer cared what others 'would think. Dr. Lin was meticulous in his work and gave me the nose I always wanted AND I can breathe entirely through my nose I was meant to have, if that makes sense. It still looks like me but perfectly fits my face. I love it!! I never felt confused scared or alone during any of the process- I've only felt grateful that I clearly found the surgeon for me. My only regret is that I did not find him sooner!

Rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty

My motivation for the eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) was medical in nature that is to assist wtih my peripheral vision. However it was also cosmetic as I am in my early to middle 50s. and my eyes clearly demonstrated my age. My motivation for the rhinoplasty was to reduce the size of my nose, and obtain a better shape. therefore this procedure was purely cosmetic. With Dr. Lin there were no cons, only pros involved in the entire process. Dr. Lin was highly professional, both in evaluating me as a candidate for these operations, in setting expectations, and during post-operative followups. The ultimate outcome, for both procedures, was outstanding. Thanks to Dr. Lin and staff, years were taken off my appearance, particularly around my eyes, and my nose has a much better shape. I'm very pleased w/ the outcome and would recommend Dr. Lin to anybody needing plastic surgeyr w/out reservation.

Successful breast implant surgery

Dr. Samuel Lin did reconstructive surgery removed 25 years old implants that were ruptured (both implants). Dr. Lin removed and cleaned and replaced with updated implants in a 3 hour surgery. After that I took tylenol followed the direction of the nurse in charge for aftercare and my recovery was tolerable. Thank you Dr. Samuel Lin. I highly recommend you to all interested in hiring you. Best decision I made was hiring Dr. Lin. Very successful and professional doctor in my eyes. Thank you all. Special thanks to secretary Vanessa.

Dr. Samuel J Lin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.