Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Samuel J Mann has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Samuel J Mann has the following 8 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Samuel J Mann has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Samuel J Mann is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 17
Went to Dr Mann for a second expert opinion due to difficult blood pressure control. Very nice person, listened carefully, did a thorough exam, overall very happy with the experience. Highly recommended, even if you have to pay cash for out of network. Had to wait about 3 weeks for the appointment but that's totally reasonable.
My experience with Dr. Mann was very poor.He always NEVER followed up after major tests and when I called, he was not sure what he had ordered for me. These included STRESS TEST, ECHOCARDIOGRAM etc. The worst part was that he NEVER listened to my unique experience, and always cited statistics to invalidate my own observations on my body. I would never recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Mann literally saved my life. He diagnosed a serious condition and providing treatment that restored my quality of life. I saw several doctors in my area without success and found Dr. Mann by researching on the Internet. He is very knowledgeable and is a caring, understanding physician which can be a rare find these day. Well worth traveling several hundred miles to see him.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
46 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Samuel J Mann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWeill Cornell Hypertension, 424 E 70th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samuel J Mann in this video.
Dr. Samuel J Mann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.