Chronic Idiopathic Constipation
Learn more about chronic idiopathic constipation including treatment and facts about it.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Samuel C Oommen has 2 locations
365 Lennon Ln Ste 290
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Book Online Now
Dr. Samuel C Oommen has the following 2 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
Dr. Samuel C Oommen has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samuel C Oommen - Posted on August 23rd, 2018
Dr. Oommen is a Godsend. He is an excellent surgeon, is kind, caring, compassionate, dedicated, calming, has a great sense of humor and a wonderful bedside manner. Whenever I saw him he made me feel as if I were his only patient. As my cardiologist said, "you won't find a better surgeon or a finer man, and I totally agree. I had to go through colon cancer surgery and he was with me though it all, and still is. He responded to my emails both pre- and post-surgery and has even called me at home several times, staying on the phone until all my questions were answered and fears allayed. If you have to go through any type of colorectal surgery, Dr. Oommen should be your surgeon.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samuel C Oommen - Posted on October 18th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samuel C Oommen - Posted on January 15th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samuel C Oommen - Posted on July 13th, 2011
Simply, The Best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samuel C Oommen - Posted on August 14th, 2010
My family has a lot of experience with a lot of doctors - and Dr. Oommen doesn't rank among them - he soars above them all! He possesses all of the qualities one would combine if creating the ideal physician/surgeon: brilliant, skilled, professional, kind, compassionate, empathetic, dedicated, responsive, flexible, calm, gentle, humble, polite, and a delightful sense of humor. I could go on and on. It didn't take long to experience first-hand why he has such a pristine reputation. You are blessed if you, or one of your loved ones, are one of his patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
44 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Samuel C Oommen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samuel C Oommen, MD - Surgery in Walnut Creek, CA, in this video.
Dr. Samuel C Oommen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Walnut Creek, CA.