Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Samuel C Polk III
Dr. Samuel C Polk III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Polk is affiliated with Methodist South Hospital. Dr. Polk has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Samuel C Polk III has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery Recovery
- Nerve Damage
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Chronic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
My doctor's nurse practioner referred me to Dr Polk for pain management and I was told the wait was 6 months. Unacceptable. My son drove me to get spinal blocks on 2 occasions. We both found Dr Polk difficult to speak with. During my last block I was fully awake and felt everything. He ignored me when I told him and did not say s word. The last block left me in Faroe pain than before.
I have been seeing Dr Polk for 4 years now. I was referred to him by one of his colleagues because I'm not quite bad enough for surgery yet but I need pain management. This man is wonderful!!! He really cares about his patients. He has tried several different options to help me with my pain from therapy, water therapy, a Tens unit, creams and nerve blocks , pain meds. He really goes the extra mile to help his patients. He is very attentive has a great attitude and very empathetic! I would recommend this Dr for chronic pain back issues!!
I am 69 and my husband is almost 71. We both have had severe lower back pain. He treats both of us. My husband had back surgery 35 yrs. ago and now has a ruptured disk. He has avoided surgery because of the treatment provided by Dr. Polk. He really listens and has empathy with his patients. He goes well above and beyond the treatment other doctors have given us.
Dr. Polk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Samuel C Polk III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSemmes Murphey Clinic Outpatient Surgery, 6325 Humphreys Blvd, Memphis, TN
Dr. Samuel C Polk III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.