Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Samuel Rapoport has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Back Pain
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 5 of 31
My mom had possible 3rd nerve palsy. Took her to see him. I was worried about a brain tumor vs something else - all scary stuff. I had stepped out to put quarters in the meter. The doctor, without even introducing himself or me, told me the exam room was too small to please wait outside. My dad was allowed in the room with her. There was no one else in the office, my mom was his last patient. He seemed quite dismissive and didn't seem to notice. He had not begun the physical exam (I could understand the need for privacy) and was merely asking questions. His manner was quite harsh and dismissive.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
42 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1976
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Samuel Rapoport accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeurologic Consultations, 354 E 76th St, New York, NY
Dr. Samuel Rapoport is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.