Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Samuel Rodriguez
Dr. Samuel Rodriguez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gaithersburg, MD, with another office in Washington, DC. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Rodriguez is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, University of Maryland St Joseph Medical Center and Medstar Franklin Square Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Samuel Rodriguez has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Samuel Rodriguez has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Samuel Rodriguez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Rodriguez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Samuel Rodriguez accepts the following insurance providers.
Kaiser - MidAtlantic
- Kaiser Permanente MidAtlantic
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samuel Rodriguez in this video.
Dr. Samuel Rodriguez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gaithersburg, MD.