Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Samuel A Seelig
Dr. Samuel A Seelig, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beverly Hills, CA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Seelig is affiliated with Miracle Mile Medical Center and Olympia Medical Center. Dr. Seelig has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Samuel A Seelig has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Samuel A Seelig has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 10
I had the worst experience with this physician. I had a D & C and as my anesthesiologist, he gave me an injection in the operating room and I immediately had blurred vision, and asked what he gave me. He then told me to "lie down" and said "this will not affect your dementia"! I distinctily remember that bazarre comment! I couldn't move, couldn't breath, and couldn't speak. I thought I had had a stroke! I then was knocked out, and came to in the recovery room asking the nurse to call the doctor. He came in and when asked what he gave me, he said "just Sodium Pentathol" . I sent my medical records to another physician, who explained that I had been given "Curare", which paralyizes the patient, and should never be given like that. It took me many months to get over the anxiety produced from that trauma. And it was even more upsetting knowing this doctor lied about what he had given me. Use this doctor at your own risk!!!
I received an epidural from this doctor and had complications. Meaning that I had a splitting headache and was dizzy and light headed for 6 days following the procedure. I could not stand up without having to immediately lie back down again. My husband called the office more than once to ask what should be done, and we were never called back! There was no follow up at all. Their practice could only be defined as a mill, completely unconcerned with the welfare of their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Seelig is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Samuel A Seelig accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & DirectionsSpecialty Surgical Center Of Beverly Hills Lp, 8670 Wilshire Blvd Ste 300, Beverly Hills, CA
Dr. Samuel A Seelig is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.