Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Samuel C Somers MD
Dr. Samuel C Somers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Concord, NH, with another office in Concord, NH. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Samuel C Somers has 2 locations
60 Commercial St Ste 404
Concord, NH 03301
Book Online Now
Dr. Samuel C Somers has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Samuel C Somers has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Samuel C Somers is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samuel C Somers - Posted on December 18th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samuel C Somers - Posted on December 12th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Samuel C Somers - Posted on September 17th, 2015
Had Dr Somers do a colposcopy recently (my first) and I wanted to see what was going on so I skipped the sedation/anesthesia. Dr Somers had no problem with this and made helpful suggestions about relaxing, not holding my breath, etc. It was a breeze, no pain at all, a couple of minor feelings of bloatedness and then it was over. He ID'd all of the "points of interest" along the way (liver, appendix, valve to small intestine, etc) and I got to see him snare and remove one small polyp. The only slightly annoying thing was having to wait in the recovery area for 40 minutes (twice as long as the actual procedure) before they'd let me go. I felt 100% fine and wanted to GO AND EAT! Got biopsy results in the mail about a week later (hyperplastic, not a problem).
20 Years Experience
- Harvard Medical School Boston Ma
Dr. Samuel C Somers Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samuel C Somers, MD - Gastroenterology in Concord, NH, in this video.
Dr. Samuel C Somers is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Concord, NH.