Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Samuel T Stroupe has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Samuel T Stroupe has the following 13 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Samuel T Stroupe has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Samuel T Stroupe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 4
The only reason why the wait time for Dr. Stroupe is a bit long is because he works in a hospital. However, he is worth every minute. He genuinely cares about his patients. There is not one "phony" bone in this man's body. He listens to what you have to say and at times feels as if he is a friend, as well as my doctor. I have been a patient of his for over 2 years and he has changed my life. Thanks to Dr. Stroupe and his flexibility in scheduling and his care and concern, I have been drug free for so many days that I have lost count. Best decision I have ever made, was walking through those doors at Lutheran and giving Doctor Stroupe and his team a chance to "fix" me. After two years of work, and many more to come, I can say, mission accomplished, you have fixed me, now it is time to keep the maintenance going. I love this man and I recommend him to everyone that will listen.
26 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Samuel T Stroupe accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsNYU Lutheran Medical Center, 150 55th St, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Samuel T Stroupe, MD - Psychiatry in Brooklyn, NY, in this video.
Dr. Samuel T Stroupe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.