Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Samuel T Summers Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Samuel T Summers Sr has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Samuel T Summers Sr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
Had to make another appointment after a misdiagnosis. Scheduling is absolutely horrible. Had a 9:30 appointment and still hadn't been seen by 10:50. Waited in the waiting room for over an hour and then was called back at 10:30. I was told the doctor would be "right in" and after waiting for another 15 minutes I went to the front and asked why. When finally seen, I was written another prescription for a cough medicine which is a controlled substance. The pharmacy wouldn't fill it because (after fighting with them) they called a prescription in for me on Monday. Didn't leave the office until after 11:00. Too bad my insurance doesn't cover my old doctor because I'm definitely not coming back here.
Dr. Summers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Samuel T Summers Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsForest Hill Family Practice, 8970 Winchester Rd, Memphis, TN
Dr. Samuel T Summers Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.