Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sanath Nallainathan
Dr. Sanath Nallainathan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stratford, CT, with another office in Fairfield, CT. His specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Nallainathan is affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital, Griffin Hospital and Yale-New Haven Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Sanath Nallainathan has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Sanath Nallainathan has the following 6 expertise
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
Dr. Sanath Nallainathan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
Dr Nally is working with two of my children, one with Mild Autism and ADHD, the other with ADHD and a processing disorder. Dr Nally clearly went over my sons disabilities, what the cause and effects were and what is happening in the brain. I feel very comfortable with him, he is highly respected by his peers and patients. Yes, he takes a bit to get used to. If he's asking your child a question, he doesn't want the answer from mom or dad. That makes sense when he's evaluating the child. I felt so comfortable with the entire practice that I am seeing Dr Barash for my adult ADHD.
Dr. "Nally" is awesome. He was my pediatric neurologist for over a decade. He even let me continue to see him as an young adult (21) because he wanted to follow me as he did with some of his challenging cases. He was very encouraging to me each time I had setbacks with seizures that led me to lose my license, jobs or break a bone. I cried many times in his office. He worked hard with me to try different med. combinations. He pushed me to keep up my grades in high school and then college. He wrote me a recommendation for a scholarship as he did for many of his patients. I think he is a wonderful doctor and person! It was often hard to schedule appts. with him, as he teaches at Yale School of Medicine, rotates between several medical offices, AND sees patients at Bpt. Hospital. But his patients wait patiently because many understand that most cases of epilepsy are idiopathic. Gaining seizure control if possible, can take a very long time and it is important to find the best doctor.
Although I would describe his bedside manner as an acquired taste for some, it took very little time for us to warm up to him. He is a wonderful doctor, with a remarkable sense of humor. He squeezed us in for an appointment (at 6:45 p.m. on a Friday evening) and was the only person left in the office long after the rest of the staff had left. As someone else said, I would trust him with my child's life.
Dr. Nallainathan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Vincent`S Medical Center, Bridgeport CT
Neurological Specialists, P.C
Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport CT
Griffin Hospital, Derby CT
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Sanath Nallainathan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sanath Nallainathan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stratford, CT.