Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sandeep N Gaonkar has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Sandeep N Gaonkar has the following 12 expertise
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Sandeep N Gaonkar has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 15
I saw dr Gondar twice. The front desk told me that the first appointment will take a while. I was there maybe 5 minutes. The second appointment was two weeks later to follow up on how I was doing. I was doing much better. However as soon as I sat down in his room I got up and left. I guess my answer was good enough for him that he didn't feel deeper. A month or two later I wasn't feeling great at all and put three calls into him to call me back. I still have yet to hear from him. I'm sure the front desk knows that he's not going to call me back not sure why they just wouldn't tell me that. I hate being led on. I am now in search of a doctor who cares about their patients not just about making money. I just think that it's really sad that there are doctors out there like this. He shouldn't be in business.
Dr. Gaonkar, is a very professional and compassionate human being. He would always be there for us his patients. I personally recommend Dr. Gaonkar based on my own experience which has been good. His staff is so polite, when I need help they even take extra steps to assist me. Something that made me write this review is not just my appreciation to Dr. Gaonkar and all his staff, but a review from a called Dr. who feels good posting lies about Dr. Sandeep. Please be sure that he is good to us patients and I have never seen him doing anything unprofessional, not to mention saying inappropriate words to us the not bad looking ladies :} It feels good to have Doctors like him.
Dr. Gaonkar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Finch University Of Health Sciences
Dr. Sandeep N Gaonkar accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsConventions Psychiatry And Counseling, 1560 Wall St Ste 304, Naperville, IL
Dr. Sandeep N Gaonkar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naperville, IL.