Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sandeep K Thaper
Dr. Sandeep K Thaper, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Leesburg, FL. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Thaper is affiliated with Ocala Regional Medical Center and Florida Hospital Waterman. Dr. Thaper has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sandeep K Thaper has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sandeep K Thaper has the following 8 expertise
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 5 of 43
Dr. Thaper helped my mother to lead a quality life. She lived three years after her diagnosis of peritoneal cancer which was inoperable. He was always willing to read articles I brought him and was willing to consider opinions of other doctors. I appreciate how he kept an open mind to give her the best treatment that was available. He spoke with us as if we were his family and continued to be concerned about the human side of the illness. He is certainly one of the best doctors I know about.
I saw dr. Thaper for treatment of Leukemia. I had been going to another oncologist in the past who never discussed any details with me. Dr thaper told the details and my options subsequently I had BMT and now I am in total remission I am so lucky that my neighbor referred me to dr thaper. Thank you dr thaper for what you do and please keep on doing the great work you are doing.
I saw dr Thaper for Treatment of Stage 4 colon ca. I had surgery and chemotherapy and I am in remission from Stage 4 cancer for 6 years. Dr Thaper, I wish all cancer patients get a great oncologist like you.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Thaper is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Long Island College Hospital
Dr. Sandeep K Thaper accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Leesburg South, 601 E Dixie Ave Ste 1001, Leesburg, FL
Dr. Sandeep K Thaper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leesburg, FL.