About Sandhya Gudapati MD
Sandhya Gudapati, MD is a doctor primarily located in Fullerton, CA, with another office in Laguna Hills, CA. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Telemedicine. She speaks English, Spanish.
Sandhya Gudapati has 2 locations
Sandhya Gudapati has the following 3 SPECIALTIES
Sandhya Gudapati has the following 9 expertise
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
Graduated in 1991
Graduated in 1983
Sandhya Gudapati Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Sandhya Gudapati
COVID-19 UPDATE: We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health agencies, and have taken the following measures in our offices as added precautions:
- We are communicating with our staff frequently and providing proper guidance and information to help them stay healthy.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting procedures in all locations and deployed additional hand sanitizer, antibacterial cleaning supplies and materials to all of our facilities, along with gloves for our staff. According to the CDC, the single most important thing you can do to keep yourself and others safe is frequently wash your hands and not touch your face.
- We have advised our staff not to come to work if they are feeling ill.
- We are also encouraging our patients to continue seeing their providers with telemedicine. All of our providers are trained to see patients through our online telemedicine portal, doxy.me.
- We will not be charging patients for appointment cancellations for the next 30 days.
Meet Dr. Gudapati
Specializes in adult, adolescent and child psychiatry. She brings extensive training and continuing education in the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric disorders with pharmacology management. She has been in private practice since 1991. Born and raised in the southern part of India. Dr. Gudapati attended medical school at Osmania Medical College upon graduation she came to the United States to continue her studies. She did her residency in psychiatry at the University of Nebraska where she finished her general psychiatry training. She also attained her fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at UCLA Medical Center. Dr. Gudapati believes that there is always more to be learned and mastered.
About Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
Dr. Gudapati also offers NeuroStar TMS therapy. TMS (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) therapy uses short pulses of magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the area of the brain thought to control mood. It is sometimes referred to as rTMS which stands for repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation. TMS patients receiving TMS Therapy remain awake and alert during the procedure.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy ® is an outpatient procedure. The typical treatment course consists of at least 5 treatments per week over a 4-6 week period for 20-30 treatments. Each depression treatment session lasts approximately 19-37 minutes, depending on what the doctor determines is the correct protocol. NeuroStar TMS Therapy is:
- Non-invasive, meaning that it does not involve surgery. It does not require any anesthesia or sedation, as the patient remains awake and alert during the treatment.
- Non-systemic, meaning that it is not taken by mouth and does not circulate in the bloodstream throughout the body.
- FDA cleared for patients who have not benefited from prior antidepressant treatment.
Telepsychiatry is the process of providing psychiatric health care from a distance through technology, often videoconferencing. Telepsychiatry is subset of telemedicine and can involve providing a range of services including psychiatric evaluations, therapy, patient education and medication management.
Our telepsychiatry practice is powered by Doxy.me. All you need to start a telemedicine visit is a web link to the doctor’s Doxy.me room (e.g. doxy.me/DrG) using a standard computer or Doxy.me app on a mobile device. No special hardware or software are necessary. Doxy.me utilizes state-of-the-art security and encryption protocols, making it compliant with HIPAA and HITECH requirements.