Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sandhya Salguti has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sandhya Salguti has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Sandhya Salguti has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Salguti and her staff are highly unprofessional and incompetent, as well as incompassionate. I have had ulerative colitis since 2011 and have never gone through anything remotely close to what I went through on account of Dr. Salguti and her staff being unable to perform basic patient care. I was denied my remicade infusion for over 5 weeks while it had been approved by my insurance due to Joanne's (a secretary on the doctors team) inability to follow through with my insurance company and get the necessary authorization. I spent 2 hours of my day while at work on the phone back and forth with my insurance company to come to the realization the pre-auth had been approved 5 weeks prior, yet I kept hearing the same incorrect excuse from Joanne which was "your insurance doesn't have out of state coverage". At the time I had been seeing a chiropractor with no issues so I knew that was false. On top of this Dr. Salguti ordered 3 blood draws back to back on separate occasions because she failed to order the right blood work. I can't imagine anyone else having to go through what I went through just to receive a medication that is necessary for me to have a good quality of life. I emplore you to find another doctor.
Dr. Salguti is one of the most caring, knowledgable physicians I have ever been to. She listens, takes her time, and is very thorough. Even more- she calls you herself with test results and always returns phone calls quickly. She really is a rare find in medicine today- I am happy to have her as my doctor.
She was extremely sweet and took the time to make me feel comfortable. She wasn't rushing me and and listened to everything I had to say. After my test, she received the report and called me personally to let me know my results! She even told me to call her back (at her office of course) in case of any questions, since she reached my voicemail. All in all she is one of the best doctors I have ever been to in terms of caring for her patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College
Graduated in 2001
Abington Memorial Hospital
Dr. Sandhya Salguti accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCentral Bucks Specialists, 599 W State St Ste 200, Doylestown, PA
Dr. Sandhya Salguti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Doylestown, PA.