Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sandhya M Saxena has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Sandhya M Saxena has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Sandhya M Saxena has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I saw Dr. Saxena many years ago for many years. She did not keep my medical information confidential. Unprofessionally gossiped to my family members and friends. My best friend at the time was also a patient as well as my mother, father, and brother. More than one occasion I was given wrong medications that interacted. Misdiagnosed a disc herniation. Diagnosed me as depressed instead of having hormonal problems from PCOS. She wanted to do surgery on everything by herself. Said she was qualified to do non xray guided injections in my spine in office and was very pushy about it. That's when I got a new doctor. She is very nice and I know she cares but I personally would never again put my health in her hands.
I love doctor Saxena. She is an amazing doctor. I have been seeing her for 15 years now. Don't expect to come in there and tell her what you want. Because she is going to do what she thinks is BEST for YOU. She isn't "Racist", she loves all of her patients. She can be stubborn, however she does it because she knows what you need to do or need to take to have your problem resolved. I wouldn't go to any other doctor. Even though her wait time is a little bit, like 15 minutes, it is because she has a lot of patients,and the wait is worth it. My family and I have gone to her for so long and she has helped us with so much, She is a great doctor.
Dr. Saxena is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Creighton University Medical Center
Dr. Sandhya M Saxena accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry NE PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHealthcare For The Family, 2727 S 144th St Ste 220, Omaha, NE
Dr. Sandhya M Saxena is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.