Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sandip Prasad
Dr. Sandip Prasad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, SC, with other offices in Aurora, IL and Aurora, IL . He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Urology and General Surgery. Dr. Prasad is affiliated with MUSC University Hospital, Louis A Weiss Memorial Hospital and Medical University Of South Carolina. He speaks English.
Dr. Sandip Prasad has the following 2 specialties
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Adrenal Gland Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
Showing 4 of 4
I was brought to the Brigham & Women's Hospital Emergency Room following an accident. Dr. Prasad's care and professionalism were first-rate. I wish all doctors could be as compassionate and thorough as he is. He made sure I was comfortable, and made sure I understood the procedures that were taking place. He was always asking if I had any questions, and when I did, he answered them in terms I could understand. No question was too "silly" or "stupid." He took the time to show me my X-rays, and to explain what I was looking at - this made things so much easier to comprehend. His easygoing demeanor put me very much at ease, despite the uncomfortable nature of my procedure. I'm grateful Dr. Prasad was on staff that day.
Dr. Prasad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Louis A Weiss Memorial Hospital
Medical University Of South Carolina
Provena Mercy Medical Center
Provena Saint Joseph Hospital
11 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Sandip Prasad accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sandip Prasad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.