Dr. Sandra H Arca Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Sandra H Arca?

decent care, growing rates

Since one of the nurse practicioners left, Dr. Arca's office is harder to make an appointment for. I've had great experiences with Dr. Arca with two children for over a decades. I've only had to use others like doc in a box or urgent care centers because I haven't been able to get quick turn-arounds on appointments with her anymore. Great doctor overall. Takes time to deal with a variety of health matters.

3 Strikes, Dr. Arca is Out

Our pediatrician retired when my kids were in grade school and I found Dr. Arca through Cook Childrens Network. I never liked the office but didn't judge based on that. The staff has never been friendly, but again I decided not to judge the doctor based on her staff. Now I have decided to find a new doctor because of 2 mistakes that caused my child to suffer. First, when looking for an ADHD evaluation, the office referred us to a psychologist who misdiagnosed my daughter and drugged her until she was not only failing her classes but she couldn't even go to school. My previously happy child, who just happened to have a problem paying attention, became sick and depressed to the point that 2 of her teachers called me. ( I later took her for an evaluation with another psychologist who confirmed that the first diagnosis was VERY incorrect). A year later Dr. Arca failed to diagnose an infection because the test performed was negative -- despite my daughters' symptoms being very clear red flags for an infection. She told me they would submit the test for culture, which takes 48 hours, but she was 90% sure there was no infection. 3 days later (not 48 hours), the office called to say there indeed was an infection - by which time my daughter was really feeling sick. As a result of having the infection for 3 additional days before starting meds, the infection took longer to heal. Even though the in-office test was negative, I feel a good doctor also listens to patients and if they are having very obvious symptoms, will go ahead and prescribe medication rather than risk letting the infection double in severity by waiting for the culture. One more thing, the guy at the front desk acted really rude at our last appointment when I asked for a receipt that he was not normally used to giving out. In my book, Dr. Arca is very personable and nice but not a good doctor. I think she is fine for well checks but if your child has a real problem, take them to someone else.

Takes care of the whole child

I went to Dr. Arca after having been with previous pediatrician for 7 yrs. I left the previous doctor due to rude bedside manner, and found Dr. Arca in the process. She spent an hour with me discussing the overall care of my daughter both medically, emotionally, and spiritually...only because it was important to me. She never offered any advise I didn't ask for, but when I did ask-she was transparent enough to loose the "white coat" effect, and talk down to earth. During a recent exam, she spotted a condition and sent us directly to a specialist without hesitation. I would definitely recommend her.

Love Dr. Arca but cannot handle smoking staff with children

We decided on Dr Arca to be the Ped for our first child. We had a great initial visit and when the baby arrived we began our monthly visits and vaccinations. On our most recent visit Alan, on the clinical staff, assisted in taking height and weight measurements. He also gave the vaccinations. My husband and I noticed he smelled stongly of smoke. He gave the oral vaccination and both shots with out gloves, washing his hands or even sanitizing in front of us. This is absolutely unacceptable when it comes to a newborn. Although we really like Dr Arca, we were informed upon complaint that there is no way we could continue seeing Dr Arca without the possibility of Alan assiting us. Unfortunatly we are going to have to find another peditrician. When considering doctors, I would have liked to know this in advance so we would have started with a different doctor in the first place.

Wow

She is great with kids! An amazing pediatric doctor

18 yrs and 2 kids as patients with Dr Arca.....one new nurse with a chip on her shoulder and I'm accused of making an inappropriate comment to this new rookie unprofessional nurse. Without even asking me what happened, Dr Arca sent me a certified letter stating she would no longer treat my kids. Some Drs are more worried about an new employees accusation than the loyalty of a patient of 18 yrs! Sad and disappointed!

Dr. Arca is an excellent pediatricain/the office staff is just OK and sometimes rude.

My children have been going to Dr. Arca for 5 years. She is easy to talk to and down to earth. Dr. Arca really listens to my concerns and addresses them. She has children of her own so she gets the mother's perspective.

My experience with Dr. Arca was not a good one. She never listened to my concerns about my son and I ended up having to take him on my own to a ENT. The staff was rude and it took the nurse 48 hours to return my call.

Won't go back

Office is a dump. Staff is very rude and unprofessional. It is like you are putting them out when you need help or need to pay. Dr. Arca likes to make snied little comments and challenge your parenting. Very condesending. I won't be taking my child back.

Awesome pediatrician!