Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sandra M Berman
Dr. Sandra M Berman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY, with another office in Brooklyn, NY. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Berman is affiliated with Long Island College Hospital. Dr. Berman has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Sandra M Berman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sandra M Berman has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Sandra M Berman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 34
No matter how hard I try, the receptionist always seems impatient, annoyed, and angry. I can't even make the shortest phone call to the office without being harangued by her. I hate having to interact with her; I even realized recently that I avoid seeing the doctor when I need to because this person is so unpleasant.
Dr. berman is a gem. She is kind, warm, willing to listen and help with all issues. She is knowledgeable, able to refer to other professionals when necessary and I couldn't be happier to have found her. The one down side is the receptionist. She is nasty, rude, constantly impatient if you should have the nerve to ask a question and the exact opposite of the wonderful practitioner she works for. All the other staff you have contact with are delightful and friendly. Too bad to have this one exception.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Berman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1979
Li Jewish Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sandra M Berman in this video.
Dr. Sandra M Berman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.