Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sandra Rivard
Dr. Sandra Rivard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greensboro, NC, with another office in Greensboro, NC. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Rivard is affiliated with Cone Behavioral Health Center, Wesley Long Community Hospital and Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital. Dr. Rivard has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Sandra Rivard has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Sandra Rivard has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 10
Dr Rivard performed my uterine myomectomy and removal of my right ovary robotically using the daVinci robot. I went to her seeking a second opinion after being told that I should have a hysterectomy for the treatment of my fibroids. Never had children, that option was totally unwelcomed. When I talked to Dr Rivard, she told me that she would not tell me what to do, but that it was my choice whether to have a myomectomy or hysterectomy. She was compassionate, patient, informative, straight forward, and personable. She ran several of her own diagnostic tests to ensure an accurate diagnosis and even performed a hysteroscopy with D&C first to see if she could get rid of my most symptomatic fibroids to see if that would solve the problem. When my uterus was found to be clear, she realized that the problematic fibroids were imbedded in the walls of the uterus so we sched'd a myomectomy. Turns out, what everyone thought on ultrasound was a pedunculated uterine fibroid was a massively enlarged, diseased right ovary, which she removed robotically with the small uterine fibroids. Dr Rivard will listen to you and your body, and guide you along the treatment path that YOU want, giving you the skilled care that she has honed over the years. I love her!!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rivard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cone Behavioral Health Center
Wesley Long Community Hospital
Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital
Annie Penn Hospital
Women's Hospital of Greensboro
Moses Cone Health System
24 Years Experience
University De Sherbrooke
Graduated in 1989
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sandra Rivard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greensboro, NC.